April 13th: 9th Annual Ms. Wheelchair Colorado Pageant & Benefit Car Show
April 13th: Outdoor Buddies Fundraiser Banquet @ the Wildlife Experience
May 10th: Kiowa Creek Sporting Club. Clay shoot for Craig Rehab
June 8th: Get Outdoors Colorado Denver City Park, Colorado
June 8th: Wild on Wheels Lakewood, Colorado
July 18-20th: Barta Boys and Girls Club Billfish Tournament Beaufort, NC
August 8-11th: No Barriers USA Summit in Telluride, Colorado
When hunting, Barta eschews modern contrivances and overly sentimental views of nature and favors a "common man" approach grounded in respect for animals he hunts and the view that the pursuit can be as meaningful as killing the animal. In keeping with this, he does not consider a hunt a failure simply because no game is taken. In addition, he usually hunts with a longbow and homemade cedar arrows, which makes taking game much more difficult.Barta has used his bow and arrows on his show to take several big game species, including bear, elk, and moose. He has used a handgun when pursuing wounded game (a wild boar) into thick brush, and a guide with a gun is often present during his hunts. Nonetheless, Barta's methods place him in proximity to animals that could harm him seriously, perhaps fatally, and involve a level of danger significantly higher than that faced by hunters employing modern weapons.
- Author of one of the best selling books in outdoor sports writing, "The Best and Worst of Tred Barta" and has a second book on the way
- Developed modern day canyon techniques
- Caught more big eye tuna than anyone in the world
- Multiple hunting and fishing records
- Teacher, lecturer, BBMC, Boys and Girls Club of America, etc.
- Hunts with longbow with homemade wooden arrows
- Developed many if the light tackle boat handling and light tackle fishing techniques used today as a benchmark
- Believable - tremendous depth of experience worldwide - Mexico, Venezuela, Canada, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Europe, etc.
- Credible - Turned down the endorsements so as to be believable
- Many of Tred's competitors are bought and sold by sponsors... no one believes them